The notes on Avendar replace the bulletin boards and mail systems
found on many other muds. The following options are usable:
note list : show all notes (unread notes are marked with an N)
note read : either by number, or read next to read unread notes
note remove : removes a note that you wrote or are the target of
note catchup : markes all notes as read
writing new notes:
note to : sets the to line (playername, housename, immortal, or all)
note subject : sets the subject for a new note
note + : adds a line to a new note (i.e. note + hi guys!)
note - : remove a line from a note in progress
note edit : edit the body of your note*
note clear : erase a note in progress
note reply : replies to the last note you read
note replyall : replies to last note you read, copying all recepients
note show : shows the note you are working on
note post : posts a new note. This MUST be done to post a note.
* Of particular importance is the 'note edit' command. The editor will
allow you to enter the body of your note directly, and to format your
note. For help on the editor, see help EDITOR.
Note REPLY and REPLYALL may be given a parameter of a message number to
specify a message other than the last read to reply to.
When you log in, you will be informed if there are unread notes waiting.
Type note read to scroll through them one at a time.
See also: NOTIFY
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.