The world of Avendar is home to several great and ancient houses. Representing the important political, economic, and moral forces that shape the world of Avendar, each has come to fill its own niche in Avendarian society.
Players may petition to join houses, offering their services to factions whose interests and beliefs match their own.
Houses each have a center of power located somewhere in Avendar. In each of these locations a mystical vault has been erected, where the houses store their treasures, and focus the energy of the mystical stones of power.
- The Champions of Light are crusaders for the weak, champions of the downtrodden, and perhaps even destroyers of evil, they are cradled in the hands of the gods of light, and unleashed upon the wicked.
- The Coven of the Shunned are practicers of witchcraft and drinkers of blood, slayers of the innocent, even summoners of demons. The dark gods laugh as they ply their evil powers against the innocent, corrupting and tainting all they encounter.
- The Guardians of Law brought order out of chaos, as their God Iandir stood over them in pride as they made cities safe. He spake out the law, and they steeled themselves to enforce his will.
- The Raiders of Twilight seem bred of a lust for possessions to sate the greed of their god. They are those who strike hard and fast, stealing away with gold, arms, and lives. They are rovers, they are bandits, and they are deadly and swift.
- The Knights of Enirra cling tenaciously to the memory of the havoc of the Sundering. They struggle to maintain balance between the Great powers of the world, lest inequity be its unmaking.